Sentences with measures. ESL students, professors, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use measures in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for measures.
- Austin will be in town to-morrow, and if he is true to his principles, he will instantly adopt measures to rescue his son from infamy. (10)
- But these measures are each too violent to be adopted without some deliberation; at present my thoughts are fluctuating between various schemes. (4)
- Do not be content with ordinary measures; these are no piping times of peace. (8)
- He measures the forces against them. (10)
- He was questioned why his countrymen took no measures to grant them something of that kind of liberty. (10)
- I do not state my intentions before I have taken measures to accomplish them. (10)
- No half measures must content us. (8)
- Pericles was either hopeless of protecting himself from such shrewd assailants, or indifferent to their attacks, for all his defensive measures were against the cold. (10)
- Rockney was for sharp measures in repression, fair legislation in due course. (10)
- She began the winter with all such counteractive measures as she could employ. (9)
- So Richard was crossing the sea, and hearts at Raynham were beating quicker measures as the minutes progressed. (10)
- They brought him a carafe, with the measures marked. (8)
- We have to meet it with a policy, and let it pass with measures carried and our hands washed of some of our party sins. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for measures. Perhaps also see a sentence for milder and ways to use menander in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use measures in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.