Sentences with modesty. ESL students, professors, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use modesty in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for modesty.
- Alma made him a courtesy of mock modesty. (9)
- Boasting was the best relief that a young man not without modesty could find. (10)
- But Bingley has great natural modesty, with a stronger dependence on my judgement than on his own. (4)
- Corporal Modesty had given the word of command, and the well-disciplined picket had gone right-about-face like a single person. (2)
- Even modesty seems too hot a covering for human creatures here. (10)
- Fanny found that it was not to be, and in the modesty of her nature immediately felt that she had been unreasonable in expecting it. (4)
- He laughed at her modish modesty. (10)
- Honesty, bravery, modesty, and nice looks! (10)
- I wonder was it altogether modesty after all? (2)
- It is the very tragedy of modesty for a man like you to have such notions, my poor dear good friend. (10)
- Modesty, and all that, is very well in its way, but really a little common honesty is sometimes quite as becoming. (4)
- Perhaps it was as well so; I might have perished of his recognition, for my modesty was equal to my merit. (9)
- The publisher, with a modesty very ungrateful to me, had abdicated his office of host, and I was the hapless president, fulfilling the abhorred. (9)
- Your modesty in estimating your value as a leader of Pandours will be pleasing to them who like that modesty. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for modesty. Perhaps also see a sentence for milder and ways to use mortals in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use modesty in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.