Muttering in a sample sentence. Journalists, readers, and people looking to increase their vocabulary might especially like this page. The lines of text below use muttering in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for muttering.
- At night, after Greta was asleep, she would toss from side to side, muttering feverish prayers. (8)
- At the first touch the squire sprang up, swearing by his Lord Harry he had just dreamed of fire, and muttering of buckets. (10)
- But in the muttering of this conclusion he experienced a twinge of honesty. (8)
- But the spy, not having the password, crouched outside, and heard from two that came out muttering, the next appointment for a meeting. (10)
- Fiske heard her muttering. (10)
- He dragged her indoors, muttering of his policy in treating her at last to a wholesome despotism. (10)
- He has been going to London, to the City, seeing lawyers, bankers, brokers, and coming back muttering. (10)
- I find my hands clasped, and I am muttering I know not what, and I am blushing. (10)
- In and out of the boulders and thorn trees, muttering and cursing, yet with a kind of terror, he rushed and stumbled. (8)
- The muttering ceased untimely; but she did not stop; turning abruptly to the left, she slid, scrambled, and dropped into a trot. (8)
- The men put their beards together, muttering. (10)
- The storm had died away, but very far off the thunder was still muttering. (8)
- The tiny sound grew till it became the muttering of wheels. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for muttering. Perhaps also see a sentence for masterpieces and ways to use murder in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use muttering in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.