Portentous example sentence. Writers, spelling bee organizers, and people looking to increase their vocabulary might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use portentous in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for portentous.
- But never for more than a moment at a time did any one remove his eyes from that fascinating and portentous pageant. (7)
- He had sat unusually silent; Scorrier, indeed, had thought him a little drunk, so portentous was his gravity; suddenly, however he rose. (8)
- My recollection is that our fellows down there in their shallow trenches noted these portentous dispositions without the least manifestation of incivility. (7)
- The infatuated count waxes as the personification of portentous burlesque; he is having everything his own way. (10)
- Then did mortals dimly guess that something portentous was abroad. (10)
- They had that curious look of people not quite knowing what their reception will be like, yet with something resolute, almost portentous, in their mien. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for portentous. Perhaps also see a sentence for perfectly and ways to use pocket-handkerchief in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use portentous in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.