Sentences for preferring. Writers, professors, and people looking to increase their vocabulary may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use preferring in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for preferring.
- A brief colloquy between them is going on; the young man seems to be preferring some request which the elder one is indisposed to grant. (1)
- And the dreadful sequel to the story the Countess could not tell: preferring ingeniously to throw a tragic veil over it. (10)
- Burns would take no hire for his last songs, preferring to serve his country out of unmixed love. (2)
- Fancy Athene preferring this to home. (8)
- She clung, however, to the topic of Bevisham, preferring to dream of the many more, rather than run risks. (10)
- She was a Diana of coldness, preferring friendship; she could be the friend of men. (10)
- They were eating as people eat who distrust the lower senses, preferring not to be compelled to taste or smell. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for preferring. Perhaps also see a sentence for pacified and ways to use promptly in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use preferring in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.