Sentences for pretences. ESL students, word game players, & those learning a new language may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use pretences in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for pretences.
- He knew the way to get into company without false pretences. (10)
- Honestly is not it a cruel embarrassment, which all the hypocritical pretences cannot hide? (9)
- No damned pretences for me. (10)
- Obtaining money under false pretences? (8)
- Pasmer, with her buzz of activities and pretences, rather a tedious little woman. (9)
- She had dropped that barrier of pretences and ironical surprise. (9)
- The best of it was, that Adrian made no pretences. (10)
- We brought in true bills for burglary, and false pretences, larceny, and fraud; we brought them in for manslaughter, rape, and arson. (8)
- Ye got it out of me by false pretences and treachery. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for pretences. Perhaps also see a sentence for pan and ways to use propinquity in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use pretences in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.