How do you use recognise in a sentence. University students, spelling bee organizers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use recognise in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for recognise.
- Anne was astonished to recognise the same hills and the same objects so soon. (4)
- At first I did not recognise the person who called me. (8)
- Having made a hasty toilet, I proceeded to the parlour, which, however late events might have impressed upon my memory, I could scarcely recognise. (6)
- He staggered back from that vision, could not bear it, could not recognise this calamity. (8)
- He waited till she was too far away to recognise him, then set out after her. (8)
- I suppose none of us recognise the great part that is played in life by eating and drinking. (2)
- Pendyce had gone did he recognise fully that something definite had happened to his master. (8)
- They both seemed to recognise this, for they turned their heads away. (8)
- We had much better recognise it, and make the best of the inevitable. (9)
- When it came to that, she did not like to recognise in his presence the anxieties that had troubled her. (9)
- Yet it would have been impossible for any one to recognise her. (5)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for recognise. Perhaps also see a sentence for remarks and ways to use repulsive in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use recognise in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.