Reigned sentence example. University students, professors, and readers might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use reigned in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for reigned.
- A blowing sound, and the glim of the candle which was fingering the dusk above, went out; silence reigned. (8)
- A gentle mellowness reigned over all that holiday. (8)
- A supreme silence reigned in the bare room above those two men of different generations and of such strange dissimilarity of character. (8)
- Dead sable reigned in them, and at once a jet of flame gave the whole vast building to destruction. (10)
- Outside the Press and Parliament, which must necessarily be the face we show to the foreigner, absolute indifference reigned. (10)
- Perfect stillness reigned immediately, as if the pic-nic had heard its doom. (10)
- Plenty still reigned: it was the will of the Master that it should. (10)
- Politeness reigned, but politeness is compelled to throw off cloak and jacket when it steps into the arena to meet the encounter of a bull. (10)
- Quiet reigned in the household next day, and for the length of the day. (10)
- The chapel was soon afterwards left to the silence and stillness which reigned in it, with few interruptions, throughout the year. (4)
- The shots and the noise increased, until the confusion of a positive mellay reigned above. (10)
- This little fact, more potent than all the teaching of philosophers, than every Act of Parliament, and all the sermons ever preached, reigned paramount, supreme. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for reigned. Perhaps also see a sentence for rot and ways to use reluctant in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use reigned in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.