Retained sentence. Writers, spelling bee organizers, and those taking online classes might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use retained in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for retained.
- Alone, the Restaurant Bretagne, neat, daintily painted, with its blue tubs and the dwarf trees therein, retained an aloof and Frenchified self-respect. (8)
- Estranged, and soon to part, they retained the manner of accord up to the last. (8)
- He was going to follow: the portly dame retained him, and desired him to get her a cab. (10)
- Her vanishing seemed to say, that less of her belonged to him than the phantom his eyes retained behind them somewhere. (10)
- If her fingers were touched and retained, they continued to be fingers for as long as you pleased. (10)
- She retained unimpaired her intense interest in politics, and still corresponded freely with prominent men. (8)
- She won and retained the eyes of her hearer sympathetically, it seemed. (10)
- The feeling that, after all, she had won a sort of victory, retained her property, was every moment gaining ground in her. (8)
- The folly of having retained her stood before him. (10)
- The letter to Lady Arpington was retained. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for retained. Perhaps also see a sentence for ranked and ways to use retaining in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use retained in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.