Use withheld in a sentence. College students, teachers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use withheld in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for withheld.
- He withheld his reply. (10)
- He was near upon indulging in a fit of terror; but the impolicy of it withheld him from any demonstration, save an involuntary spasmodic ague. (10)
- Her partiality for this gentleman was not of recent origin; and he had been long withheld only by inferiority of situation from addressing her. (4)
- Her voice sounded strange, half withheld in the utterance. (10)
- In the face of such facts, the estates continued to be withheld from her governance. (10)
- People were now so open-hearted, and seemed to wish to give to the dead what they had withheld from the living. (5)
- The dead who had drawn them together withheld a pressure. (10)
- The self-restraint which withheld him from protesting that he did, confirmed it. (10)
- The thoughts of youth are very long, and its conclusions are deliberate and delayed, and often withheld altogether. (9)
- Thorpe would have darted after her, but Morland withheld him. (4)
- Weapons, clothes, provisions, money, the implements of war, were withheld from them. (10)
- When all was over, the vice-consul ventured an observation which he had hitherto delicately withheld. (9)
- You have withheld the advantages which you must know to have been designed for him. (4)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for withheld. Perhaps also see a sentence for wares and ways to use winks in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use withheld in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.