Sailed example sentences. English majors, professors, and people who just like words might especially like this page. The lines of text below use sailed in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for sailed.
- After a visit to Evan, the sisters sailed together into the drawing-room. (10)
- As it is, I sailed very near the wind. (8)
- But Georgiana stood for Dover; thither Merthyr said that he must go, whether be sailed or went on land. (10)
- Heat and lustre were now poured from the sky, on whose soft blue a fleet of clouds sailed heavily. (10)
- Mountstuart and Colonel De Craye separating: and now the great lady sailed along the sward like a royal barge in festival trim. (10)
- Pasmer before they all sailed. (9)
- She had taken her passage for Europe, and was very anxious to let the flat before she sailed. (9)
- The clouds sailed across the irregular space of pale blue Northern sky which the break in the woods opened for them overhead. (9)
- The fact was clear that Dartie had sailed and had not returned. (8)
- Vostrand, saying that, after all, he should not be able to come to Boston, but hoped to be in New York before she sailed. (9)
- Walter How had the cheque-book till after Davis had sailed? (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for sailed. Perhaps also see a sentence for sententiousness and ways to use sample in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use sailed in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.