Shifty sentence examples. Journalists, people who enjoy word games, and those taking online classes might especially like this page. The lines of text below use shifty in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for shifty.
- A South-easterly wind blew the waters to shifty goldleaf prints of brilliance under the sun. (10)
- Daughters of the wind, but shifty daughters of this wind of the dropping sun, they have to be watched to be loved in their transformations. (10)
- On a shifty soil, down goes the idol. (10)
- One of his multitudinous, shifty, but ineradicable ambitions was to exhibit an excellingly vigorous, tireless constitution. (10)
- She had innumerable tricks of indication in these shifty pretty ways of hers, and was full of varying speech to the cunning reader of her. (10)
- She was all impulse; a shifty piece of unmercenary stratagem occasionally directing it. (10)
- The fellow has a screw to the back of a shifty eye; I see it at work to fix the look for business. (10)
- The man was not ill-looking, but had a shifty smile. (2)
- The strange thing was, that during her maiden time she had never been shifty or flighty, invariably limpid and direct. (10)
- The weather is raw and boisterous in winter, shifty and ungenial in summer, and a downright meteorological purgatory in the spring. (2)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for shifty. Perhaps also see a sentence for surges and ways to use shutting in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use shifty in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.