Sentence using the word ships. ESL students, people who enjoy word games, and people who just like words may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use ships in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for ships.
- Above us, white ships of cloud were sailing rapidly across the dark river of sky on the wind which smelled of change. (8)
- Aennchen was all wonder at the solitary place, Schwartz at the big ships. (10)
- An inspector of sea worthy ships proceeds in like manner. (10)
- At the most we could muster a few old ships, a couple of experimental vessels of war, and twenty-five thousand soldiers indifferently weaponed. (10)
- Aunt Juley supposed their Yeomanry would be very busy now, guarding the coast, though of course the Boers had no ships. (8)
- Breckon says they are always drawing their ships that way up on the sand. (9)
- But he had burned his ships, blown up his bridges; retreat could not be thought of. (10)
- I reflected emphatically, and compared them to ships with rudders, while I was at the mercy of wind, tide, and wave. (10)
- Is he to become a member of the luckless crews that man those dark, ill-starred ships called prisons? (8)
- She made Shelton pull into the reeds, and plucked two rounded lilies sailing like ships against slow-moving water. (8)
- Still, to buy four ships with the freight market so depressed was a bit startling, and there would be opposition at the general meeting. (8)
- They fought their ships well, too. (10)
- To come to the point, I want to sell my ships and retire. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for ships. Perhaps also see a sentence for shudder and ways to use shoulder in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use ships in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.