Examples of shrinking sentences. ESL students, professors, and those who would like to gain additional insight into the meaning of words may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use shrinking in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for shrinking.
- A stealthy watchfulness was creeping into her shrinking, dazed face. (8)
- An imperceptible nervous shrinking was met by another force in her bosom, that pushed her to advance without a sign of reluctance. (10)
- And visions of leprosy, and Rose shrinking her skirts from contact with him, shadowed out and away in his mind. (10)
- During this outbreak, Thyme, shrinking, stood by the doorway with lowered eyes. (8)
- He had told no one of his coming departure, shrinking from the falsity and suppression which must underlie every allusion and expression of regret. (8)
- I pray you to observe again the shrinking life that afflicts the adventurous horns of the snail, for example. (10)
- Irene was soft, surely she would do this for him, subdue her natural shrinking, sooner than give him pain! (8)
- She feared to hear him speak, as the shrinking ear fears a thunder at the cavity; yet suspense was worse than the downward-driving silence. (10)
- She revived the same shrinking in him from a breath of their great word yet: not here; somewhere in the shadow of the mountains. (10)
- She saw that he resented her shrinking; it seemed to excite him to run amuck the more. (8)
- She was shrinking, fluttering, trembling at what she saw. (8)
- Strange, indeed, that it should come at such a moment, breaking through the old instinctive shrinking. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for shrinking. Perhaps also see a sentence for squeezing and ways to use shave in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use shrinking in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.