Sentences for retiring. University students, teachers, and those taking online classes might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use retiring in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for retiring.
- A sound of retiring footsteps in the passage outside ensued, and the man was to all appearance a prisoner. (1)
- After resting himself a moment he would presumably follow one of the retiring burial squads. (1)
- He was modest, retiring, humbly contented; a gentlemanly residence appeased his ambition. (10)
- Her pew was full of poor people, who made signs of retiring. (10)
- Here the retiring flood had stranded a number of open coffins, about and among which it gurgled with low sobbings and stilly whispers. (1)
- Mountstuart said aside to Laetitia, who drew back, retiring. (10)
- Polly had put her young mistress to bed, and was retiring to her own slumbers. (10)
- Retiring upon an inclination of his structure, he draws up and fetches me a bow of the exact middle nick between dignity and service. (10)
- She was always so gentle and retiring that her emotions were beyond his discrimination. (4)
- Such a retiring man as Hilary was seldom given the opportunity for an obvious display of chivalry. (8)
- Timothy, of course, had done so well by retiring. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for retiring. Perhaps also see a sentence for rag and ways to use re-entered in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use retiring in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.