How to use sombre in a sentence. ESL students, people who enjoy word games, and people looking to increase their vocabulary might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use sombre in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for sombre.
- A fog of plashing rain hung in red gloom about the many watchfires of the insurgents, but the Austrian head-quarters lay sombre and still. (10)
- Emilia, in a singular bewilderment, sat eyeing a beam of sombre city sunlight on the dusty carpet. (10)
- From the upturned earth, where there ought to have been troops of strutting crows, a few sombre ravens rose. (9)
- I passed the Riversley station under sombre sunset fires, saddened by the fancy that my old home and vivacious Janet were ashes, past hope. (10)
- In her imagination the sombre hues surrounding an incendiary opposed that bright spirit. (10)
- My thoughts were of a grave and almost sombre character, but I still clung to my paddle. (2)
- She was sombre as a sunken fire until he at last came round to her, and then her sudden vivacity was surprising. (10)
- She went frequently to Emilia, and sat with her in the sombre hotel drawing-room. (10)
- Sumfit and Master Gammon, kept him brooding in sombre disgust of life. (10)
- The blunt flames of the fire opposite threw a sombre glow on it. (10)
- What was done then might be beautiful, but the life was monotonous; she insisted that it was Huguenot; harsh, nasal, sombre, insolent, self-sufficient. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for sombre. Perhaps also see a sentence for smoky and ways to use solicitor in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use sombre in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.