Sentences for startling. ESL students, professors, and people looking to increase their vocabulary may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use startling in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for startling.
- Algernon remonstrated against so needless a formality; but Anthony put the startling supposition to him, that he might die that night. (10)
- And she soon had a communication to make to her lord, the nature of which was more startling to herself, even tragic. (10)
- But it was rather startling to find, after that exchange of looks, that she at once began to want another. (8)
- It was a truism almost preposterous, but its effect was startling. (8)
- Now that the fever had gone, the white transparency of her cheeks and forehead against the dark lashes and hair was too startling. (8)
- Rich-colored, downright of speech, with her mane of short hair, she was a no less startling companion. (8)
- She dared not speak, for some fear of startling; for the worse fear of never getting answer. (10)
- She has a turn for startling. (10)
- Still, to buy four ships with the freight market so depressed was a bit startling, and there would be opposition at the general meeting. (8)
- Suddenly out of the obscurity burst a great sound of cheering, which filled the intervals between the reports of the guns with startling distinctness! (1)
- This was so startling that Shelton lost his chance of speaking. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for startling. Perhaps also see a sentence for swells and ways to use stream in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use startling in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.