Sentence using the word stifle. ESL students, people who enjoy word games, and people who just like words may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use stifle in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for stifle.
- A warm flush seemed to rise from his heart into his throat and stifle him. (9)
- Ashurst bit at his sleeve, to stifle a groan of remorseful longing. (8)
- He thinks he has caught a cold, and cannot stifle his fretfulness about it. (10)
- These, exploding as they strike, stifle the captain and crew with an intolerable odor. (7)
- To repress efficiently we have to stifle a conscience accusing us of old injustice, and forget that we are sworn to freedom. (10)
- Why stifle his powers for the sake of a coherence which did not exist! (8)
- Winton entered again that house in Mount Street with an emotion, to stifle which required more courage than any cavalry charge. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for stifle. Perhaps also see a sentence for shudder and ways to use stains in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use stifle in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.