Sentences with stifled in them. Writers, readers, & those learning a new language might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use stifled in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for stifled.
- All the blood rushed from her heart; she stifled a scream, and tried to pull the door to. (8)
- And now, whenever he came to anything of which he desired to know the cost, he stifled that curiosity. (8)
- Ay, but nature, if we are to tame these men, must be swathed and concealed, partly stifled, absolutely stifled upon occasion. (10)
- But after that I often felt, and especially when we heard guns, how the best and most secret instincts of him were being stifled. (8)
- But his sense of justice stifled condemnation. (8)
- He went out with a curse stifled behind his pale, just smiling lips. (8)
- It was earthy, for a cloud of dust was about it, and the woman gave a stifled scream. (10)
- Lander swept the bank-notes from the coverlet and pulled it over her head, and sent from beneath it a stifled wail. (9)
- The anguish of the touch wrung a stifled scream from him, at which she screamed responsive. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for stifled. Perhaps also see a sentence for sort and ways to use straw-yard in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use stifled in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.