Sentence using the word stolid. Journalists, readers, and those taking online classes may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use stolid in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for stolid.
- Every fifty yards a yoke of great-necked stolid oxen were patiently haling at the plough. (2)
- Face after face, stolid and apathetic, expressed nothing, no active desire, certainly no enthusiasm, hardly any dread. (8)
- He sneered at the aristocracy, but, beholding a policeman, became stolid of aspect. (10)
- Perhaps he did move the stolid old Englishman a little, he was so vehement, and made so visible a sacrifice of his pride. (10)
- So huge, so broad, so red in the face, so stolid, it seemed wonderful to her that he paid her any attention! (8)
- The wary stuff their ears, the stolid bid her best sayings rebound on her reputation. (10)
- To say that Courtier had made himself unpopular with its matter-of-fact, independent, stolid, yet quick-tempered population, would be inadequate. (8)
- What I required was something cheap and small and hardy, and of a stolid and peaceful temper; and all these requisites pointed to a donkey. (2)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for stolid. Perhaps also see a sentence for shyness and ways to use stanton in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use stolid in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.