String sentence examples. Journalists, people who enjoy word games, and those taking online classes might especially like this page. The lines of text below use string in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for string.
- A string of horse and foot in serpentine knots stretched along the flat land, flashing colours livelier than the spring-meadows bordering their line of passage. (10)
- And then comes string. (9)
- Back from a monstrous villainy to the forlorn wretch who winked at it with knots in a string. (10)
- He heard the wild scudding voice imperfectly: it reminded him of a string of winter geese changeing waters. (10)
- He was very young, he was little more than an adolescent, and safely timid; a turn of her fingers would string or slacken him. (10)
- Hence a string of possible events, astounding to mankind, but equally calculable, should one care to give imagination headway. (10)
- How did she accomplish this miracle of commanding respect after such a string of somersaults before the London world? (10)
- It was as though this foreign vagrant twanged within him a neglected string, which gave forth moans of a mutiny. (8)
- On Putney Bridge its march was stayed by a string of waggons. (8)
- Put it in a packet, tie it round with string, seal it up, drop it in a drawer, lock the drawer! (8)
- She showed, with a pride perhaps partly mercantile in origin, his pockets preposterously swollen with tops and whistles and string. (2)
- She wrapped them again in the paper, tied the string, and went towards the river. (8)
- Who would have thought noises made out of string and wood could have stolen her away from him? (8)
- You tug the string, and I feel that I am a tethered bird. (2)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for string. Perhaps also see a sentence for surges and ways to use strangled in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use string in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.