Surmounted example sentences. University students, word game players, and readers may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use surmounted in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for surmounted.
- But what most drew the eye to him was a large cross, set with brilliants, and surmounted by a heavy double-headed eagle in gold. (9)
- He fell in a lump: his look of amazement was surmounted by a strong frown. (10)
- It was some time, or a pretence at some time, before the minute-hands surmounted that difficulty. (10)
- Walls of a rich green surmounted the oak dado; a heavy metal chandelier hung by a chain from a ceiling divided by imitation beams. (8)
- With this particular pair, inbred to the uttermost, he had successfully surmounted a great risk. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for surmounted. Perhaps also see a sentence for self-preservation and ways to use supper-room in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use surmounted in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.