Sentences with tawny in them. ESL students, word game players, and people looking to increase their vocabulary may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use tawny in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for tawny.
- A tawny deluge rolled down from the mountains through the bed of the Arno, and kept the Florentine fire-department on the alert night and day. (9)
- Barbara was sleeping with her cheek on her hand, and her tawny hair, gathered back, streaming over the pillow. (8)
- Compared with this tawny colourlessness, this evil brow, this shut mouth, Laura, even on the battle-field, looked harmless. (10)
- He sat still a long time, to all appearance watching the little blue butterflies playing round the red and tawny roses. (8)
- I pulled like a madman; and that great man, with his bare arms crossed, was like a huge, tawny bull sitting there opposite me. (8)
- In pain and desperation I flew at another of the tawny devils. (10)
- One was a travelling tinker, who lit a pipe and spread a tawny umbrella. (10)
- She reminded him of a great tawny lily. (8)
- The sky was a brown colour; the earth a deeper brown, like the skins of tawny lions. (10)
- The strong old Eastern blood put ruddy flame for the red colour; tawny olive edged from the red; rare vivid yellow, all but amber. (10)
- The tinker was kindling preparations for his tea, under the tawny umbrella. (10)
- Then, slinking along the hedge, noiseless, unheard by my sleeping spaniel, I saw a tawny dog stealing by. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for tawny. Perhaps also see a sentence for tolstoy and ways to use tablets in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use tawny in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.