Sentence using the word tough. ESL students, people who enjoy word games, and people who just like words may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use tough in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for tough.
- But such a very tough young person might have refused to stay crushed. (9)
- But the mind he addressed was of a curious order; far-shooting, tough, persistent, and when acted on by the spell of devotion, indomitable. (10)
- But your Dad will have a tough job to take up that position. (8)
- Carpendike, who was reckoned a tough one to drag by the neck. (10)
- For a time he kept them clearly in view; but it was tough work along the slopes of crag: presently Jacopo slipped and went down. (10)
- He had thought that Edward was veritable tough oak, and had hitherto encouraged his light play with the weapon. (10)
- He was a tough opponent for his betters in education, struck forcibly, dexterously, was always alert for debate. (10)
- I should imagine it a tough battle to come. (10)
- Maynard is pretty tough. (9)
- More dimly, my lord and the Welsh gentleman were put to the trial: a tough one for these two men. (10)
- Richard had mounted the white cockade of the Feverels, and there was a look in him that asked for tough work to extinguish. (10)
- Tramps of the philosophical order, who are the practically sagacious, prefer tough grain for the teeth. (10)
- We are engaged on tough matter. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for tough. Perhaps also see a sentence for though and ways to use tongue in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use tough in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.