Waxed example sentences. Those in an MBA program, people who enjoy word games, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use waxed in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for waxed.
- Adrian waxed now and then Anacreontic in his compliments. (10)
- Berry waxed thrice amorous. (10)
- Certainly the city of Boston has distinctly waned in literature, though it has waxed in wealth and population. (9)
- Fun was promised; consequently the crowd waxed. (10)
- He waxed positively lyrical in praise of country scenes. (2)
- He was hungry; he waxed furious with the woman who had flung him out upon the roads. (10)
- He, however, far from being softened, as he grew aware of her sweetness of feature, waxed violent and insulting. (10)
- It was the intellect which condemned him when he wore a joyful air, and the sensations when he waxed over-solicitous. (10)
- She waxed unsteady and swayed this way and that, balancing with one arm and defending herself from the attacks of the kite with another. (10)
- She knew how prodigiously it waxed on crumbs; nay, on the imagination of small morsels. (10)
- The close neighbourhood of one anxious to receive, and one capable of giving, waxed too much for both. (10)
- The game waxed exciting again. (10)
- The night air waxed sensibly crisper. (10)
- We may be seeing fangs of wolves where fleeces waxed. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for waxed. Perhaps also see a sentence for water-colour and ways to use wasting in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use waxed in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.