Examples of wintry sentences. ESL students, professors, and those who would like to gain additional insight into the meaning of words may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use wintry in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for wintry.
- Alas, that grey, so spirit-touching in Art, should be so wintry in reality! (10)
- All one bright wintry day we marched down from our eyrie; all one bright wintry night we climbed the great wooded ridge opposite. (7)
- But the old geniality, the old warmth glowed in him, and made a summer amidst the storm of snow that blinded the wintry air without. (9)
- Great English names of young days, before the wintry shadow of the Law had blighted them, received their withered laurels. (10)
- He was no nearer to an answer when the wintry dusk had fallen on the promenading crowds. (10)
- It passed, leaving a thin cloth of snow on the wintry land. (10)
- She sat down before the little new fire, and spread her hands out to it; all was so cold and wintry in her heart. (8)
- She was stealing into a dark wintry wood, and five little stars were chasing her. (8)
- What a wintry garden! (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for wintry. Perhaps also see a sentence for windy and ways to use wistfulness in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use wintry in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.