Sentences with contend in them. Writers, readers, & those learning a new language might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use contend in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for contend.
- A tongue to speak and contend, would have helped her to carve a clearer way. (10)
- A vigilant mother has to contend with these and the like in an increasing degree. (10)
- All I contend against is, injustice. (10)
- All these notions I have to contend against. (10)
- Apparently the flames had nothing to contend against, for they were making terrible strides into the darkness. (10)
- Her personal position, however, was instilling knowledge rapidly, as a disease in the frame teaches us what we are and have to contend with. (10)
- Instead of nursing offence, her sole thought was the mountain of prejudice she had to contend against. (10)
- It was in the manner of one who yielded step by step, from inability to contend. (10)
- Our little party had but few of the miseries here recounted to contend with. (6)
- Shrapnel, her timorous maiden wits, unable to contend with the copious exclamatory old politician, opposed him silently. (10)
- Then she is a reed, a weed, what you will; she is unfit to contend when she stands alone. (10)
- There are principles which civilized men must contend for. (10)
- They have no difficulties to contend with at home, no opposition, no caprice, no delays. (4)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for contend. Perhaps also see a sentence for concentrated and ways to use corner in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use contend in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.