Desultory used in sentences. University students, readers, and those taking online classes might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use desultory in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for desultory.
- As soon as the head of our straggling column had reached the spot a desultory firing had begun. (7)
- He smoked fitfully, and slowly, and in the hour that we spent together, his whiffs were of the desultory and unfinal character of his words. (9)
- It seemed sailing weather to eye and ear; but down between the banks, the wind reached us only in faint and desultory puffs. (2)
- The whole family went to the theatre a good deal, and enjoyed themselves together in their desultory explorations of the city. (9)
- There were faint, desultory cheers, such as announce a momentary or partial triumph. (7)
- Toward nightfall they heard shots up a rock-strewn combe of the lower slopes; desultory shots indicating rifle-firing at long range. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for desultory. Perhaps also see a sentence for dislodged and ways to use depraved in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use desultory in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.