A sentence for the word engagements. Journalists, word game players, and those who would like to gain additional insight into the meaning of words might especially like this page. The lines of text below use engagements in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for engagements.
- But I do strictly and sternly object to the scandal of violent separations, open breaches of solemn engagements, a public rupture. (10)
- But life had to be lived, a face preserved against the world, engagements kept. (8)
- He did not say what the engagements were, and they did not recur to the things they had last spoken of. (9)
- He pleaded business engagements. (10)
- In fact, she wants me to, for she must be on the lookout for other engagements. (9)
- In many of the engagements of the war the fallen leaves took fire and roasted the fallen men. (7)
- She had delivered herself of many yesterday in her engagements for to-day. (10)
- She let her lord go; thinking that once more had she striven and gained nothing: which was true of all their direct engagements. (10)
- Sir Thomas, drawing back from intimacies in general, was particularly disinclined, at this time, for any engagements but in one quarter. (4)
- The families who had been in town for the winter came back again, and summer finery and summer engagements arose. (4)
- Their engagements at Rosings were as frequent during the last week of her stay as they had been at first. (4)
- There were two separate engagements going on between angry twisting couples. (10)
- Why so many partial engagements at a great distance one from the other? (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for engagements. Perhaps also see a sentence for excelling and ways to use endearing in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use engagements in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.