Idly example sentences. English majors, professors, and people who just like words might especially like this page. The lines of text below use idly in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for idly.
- A humblebee from the Square Garden boomed in and buzzed idly round the room. (8)
- A year after the close of the war, on my way to California, I opened and idly inspected it. (1)
- Did Beauchamp at all desire to have those idly lovely adornments of riches, the Yacht and the Lady, swept away? (10)
- People loitered on the quay, some fishing, some looking idly at the stream. (2)
- She began, idly, wandering down its narrow length; the fullest street by day, the emptiest by night. (8)
- The driver was leaning idly against the hind wheel filling a pipe. (8)
- The great wheels of intelligence turned idly in the head, like fly-wheels, grinding no grist. (2)
- We chatted, and watched the going down of the sun, and amused ourselves idly, fermenting as we were. (10)
- We simply enjoyed strange scenes, looking idly out of our windows. (10)
- What is it but an excuse to be idly minded, or personally lofty, or comfortably narrow, not perfectly humane? (10)
- When I came out Freda was lying at the entrance, looking into the faces of every one that passed, and sniffing idly at their heels. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for idly. Perhaps also see a sentence for imposed and ways to use identity in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use idly in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.