Sentences for oppressive. Writers, teachers, and those taking online classes might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use oppressive in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for oppressive.
- An oppressive slumber hung about the forest-branches. (10)
- English verdure, English culture, English comfort, seen under a sun bright, without being oppressive. (4)
- He had got an old lady like an oppressive bundle on his brain, and he was as helpless as she was. (10)
- Judges were bribed to do their duty, juries to convict, newspapers to support and legislators to betray their constituents and pass the most oppressive laws. (7)
- Reminiscences of the interview overnight made it oppressive to her to hear herself praised for always pointing like the needle. (10)
- The democratic spirit inhabiting him, temporarily or permanently, asked whether they were not increasing to numbers which were oppressive? (10)
- The heat was oppressive at midday, and at night the cold had lost its edge. (9)
- The scents and silence, after the festive cries and odours of the town, were undefinably oppressive. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for oppressive. Perhaps also see a sentence for owing and ways to use opens in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use oppressive in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.