Ponderous in a sample sentence. Journalists, readers, and people looking to increase their vocabulary might especially like this page. The lines of text below use ponderous in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for ponderous.
- He took his cigar out of his mouth, and pulled his chair a little toward the table, on which he placed his ponderous fore-arms. (9)
- He tried to shake, and strained in his ponderous garments. (10)
- Ponderous cricket lumbered half-alive. (10)
- Septimus Barmby, with a hanged heavy look, suggestive of a wharfside crane swinging the ponderous thing he had to say. (10)
- She did not conceive it would be so ponderous a task. (10)
- The secretary gratified the wish a few days later, departing by steamer with ponderous expressions of regard and the assurance of his goodwill. (8)
- Werner clenched his two hands to his ponderous glaive, and fell upon Guy with heavier fury. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for ponderous. Perhaps also see a sentence for perishing and ways to use politician in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use ponderous in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.