Sentences with repulse in them. Writers, spelling bee organizers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use repulse in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for repulse.
- A second endeavour, in an urgent letter before nightfall to gain him admission to head-quarters, met the same repulse as the foregoing. (10)
- But how of his opinion of her character in the fret of a baffling, a repulse, a defeat? (10)
- For since that last and most ignominious repulse his wounded self-respect had taken refuge again in the feeling that she must have a lover. (8)
- Half-hearted attacks provoked a sullen resistance which was satisfied with mere repulse. (1)
- His eyes all over the page caught the note of it for her beginning of the battle and despair at the first repulse. (10)
- The long repulse, at first restrained and secret, at last open! (8)
- Their affections may be deeply rooted, but they cannot repulse fate when it tantalizes them with a risk. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for repulse. Perhaps also see a sentence for resist and ways to use requiring in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use repulse in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.