Sentence using the word sailing. ESL students, people who enjoy word games, and people who just like words may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use sailing in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for sailing.
- A sorrowful comparison struck him, of a little boat sailing out to a vessel in deep seas and left to founder. (10)
- Above us, white ships of cloud were sailing rapidly across the dark river of sky on the wind which smelled of change. (8)
- All that was plain sailing enough, but beyond this lay a sea of conjecture in which he found himself without helm or compass. (9)
- He could not think of any one who had done the facts of the eve of sailing on an Atlantic liner. (9)
- In truth she dared not think evilly of herself for long, sailing into battle as she was. (10)
- It seemed sailing weather to eye and ear; but down between the banks, the wind reached us only in faint and desultory puffs. (2)
- Sailing orders have been issued, and I could only have resisted them in my own person by casting myself overboard. (10)
- Sailing the pathways of the moon it was not celestial light that illumined her beauty. (10)
- Sailing the sea on a cruise was like the gazing at wonderful colours of a Western sky: an oblivion of earthly dates and obligations. (10)
- She felt herself as a ship sailing into perilous waters, without compass. (10)
- She made Shelton pull into the reeds, and plucked two rounded lilies sailing like ships against slow-moving water. (8)
- Then it seems as if I were a passenger on some vast, shapeless ship sailing through the air. (9)
- Then there was the sailing and the landing, and the march up the heights, which Nevil was condemned to look at. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for sailing. Perhaps also see a sentence for shudder and ways to use saratoga in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use sailing in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.