Stately sentence examples. ESL students, professors, & those learning a new language might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use stately in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for stately.
- Adela was out in the woods, contemplating nature; and Cornelia was supposed to be walking whither her stately fancy drew her. (10)
- For if the oak is to become a stately tree, we must provide against the crowding of timber. (10)
- Harrington was a tall and a stately dame. (10)
- His air was grave and stately, and his manners were very formal. (4)
- Second to his own stately person, woman occupied his reflections, and commanded his homage. (10)
- She rushed up from vacancy like a wind summoned to wreck a stately vessel. (10)
- She sang with a stately fervour, letting the notes flow from her breast, while both her arms hung loose, and not a gesture escaped her. (10)
- She seemed pleased to be treated very courteously; she returned the stately politeness in exactest measure; very simply, as well. (10)
- The Countess took care to be late, so that all eyes beheld her stately march up the aisle, with her captive beside her. (10)
- The arches of a stately bridge spanned the river sunsetward, and lifted a succession of colossal figures against the crimson sky. (9)
- Their white bodies, their stately necks, passed out of his sight, and he went toward the house. (8)
- Then the Countess murmured final adieux; twilight under her lids, but yet a smile, stately, affectionate, almost genial. (10)
- When she actually took a chair the stately convocation ended, and its members, with low obeisances, dispersed themselves in different directions. (9)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for stately. Perhaps also see a sentence for surged and ways to use stifled in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use stately in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.