A sentence for the word stony. Journalists, word game players, and readers may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use stony in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for stony.
- And she stood with a stony smile, in the half-dark, looking between her lashes at the mortified expression on his unconscious face. (8)
- De Levis is known to be rolling, as I am known to be stony. (8)
- He seems a stony old man. (10)
- His countenance had become stony. (10)
- In the stony niche crouched a stray cat watching the twittering sparrows. (8)
- The stony skeleton of the world was here vigorously displayed to sun and air. (2)
- The failing light, the waning colour, the naked, unhomely, stony country through which I was travelling, threw me into some despondency. (2)
- The likeness was indeed complete, even to the full, stony eyes, and a certain shadowy circle about the neck. (1)
- The rugosities of the stony pasture land end in a wooded point seaward, and curve east and north in a succession of beaches. (9)
- The water was yellow and turbulent, swung with an angry eddy among half-submerged willows, and made an angry clatter along stony shores. (2)
- There she washed up plates and dishes, with a stony face, dark under the eyes. (8)
- Tony me no Tonies; I am stony to such whimpering business now we are in the van of the struggle. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for stony. Perhaps also see a sentence for strangled and ways to use starts in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use stony in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.