How to use subdue in a sentence. ESL students, people who enjoy word games, and people looking to increase their vocabulary might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use subdue in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for subdue.
- And now first her imagination conceived the hero who was to subdue her. (10)
- He pursues Michiella to subdue her with blandishments. (10)
- If it were still against the grain with her, had he not feelings to subdue, injury to forgive, pain to forget? (8)
- In the middle of what was clearly the dining-room, she tried to subdue the tremor of her limbs and a sense of nausea. (8)
- Irene was soft, surely she would do this for him, subdue her natural shrinking, sooner than give him pain! (8)
- It is a prime error in the orator not to seize the emotions and subdue the humanity of his hearers first. (10)
- Of a far higher quality is the will that can subdue itself to wait, and lay no petty traps for opportunity. (10)
- On the whole, he could reasonably hope to subdue her to admiration. (10)
- The soul of this woman came out in its radiance to subdue him, as her visage sometimes did; and her voice enlarged her words. (10)
- They had no wish to subdue or overawe any one, or to pass for persons of social distinction. (9)
- This too might quite well be a case where one must subdue primordial instinct, or lose the market. (8)
- What occurred during that distressing interview has never transpired; but later events prove that Hardshaw had found means to subdue her will to his own. (1)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for subdue. Perhaps also see a sentence for smoky and ways to use sun in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use subdue in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.