How to use discern in a sentence. ESL students, people who enjoy word games, and people looking to increase their vocabulary might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use discern in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for discern.
- And what will you discern? (4)
- But he thought he could discern. (4)
- He led her even to examine her state of mind, and to discern the fancies from the feelings by which she was agitated. (10)
- He was in the shadow of the house, so that it was impossible to discern much of his figure. (10)
- He would instantly discern her unhappy plight. (10)
- He wrote strenuously and of course conscientiously; his point of view was solely and always that which enabled him best to discern qualities. (9)
- I discern a distinction, though you may not. (10)
- If we have conceived our plan of action in purity of heart, we shall be guided to discern the means which may serve us. (10)
- Once or twice she could discern a faint blush; but in general Charlotte wisely did not hear. (4)
- She greeted him gently, and General Pendyce was not the man to discern what was not put under his nose. (8)
- Then in that volume of stench would he discern the sullen yellow eye of malice. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for discern. Perhaps also see a sentence for diffidence and ways to use directed in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use discern in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.