Sentences for grievous. Writers, professors, and people looking to increase their vocabulary may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use grievous in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for grievous.
- And certainly the hearing of naughty stories of us by the light of a grievous and vexatious instance of our misconduct must produce an impression. (10)
- But, instead, her lips left a patch of grievous uneasiness. (8)
- For, what is grievous, dompting, grim, about our lives is that we are shut up within ourselves, with an itch to get outside ourselves. (8)
- How often had Emma bewailed to her that the most, grievous burden of her malady was her fatal tendency to brood sickly upon human complications! (10)
- If in a world still barbarous we must have soldiers, here was one whom it would be grievous to lose. (10)
- It was as incomprehensible as it was mortifying and grievous. (4)
- The creature gave a grievous howl. (8)
- The letter and the message appeared to be grievous contradictions: one was evidently a note of despair, while the other sang like a trumpet. (10)
- The solemn procession, headed by Baddeley, of tea-board, urn, and cake-bearers, made its appearance, and delivered her from a grievous imprisonment of body and mind. (4)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for grievous. Perhaps also see a sentence for gaelic and ways to use grouped in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use grievous in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.