Sentences using the word sordid. Journalists, professors, & those learning a new language might especially like this page. The lines of text below use sordid in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for sordid.
- As in the flash of a mirror, he beheld her bony, worn, sordid, unacceptable. (10)
- But feeling that it was sordid to pursue this thought, they looked away, and, eating hastily, began pursuing it. (8)
- He lost himself in fancies about her and her ideals, necessarily sordid, of her possibilities of suffering, of the triumphs and disappointments before her. (9)
- It is a grief to me to know that she is sordid: it hurts my vanity the more. (10)
- It was a sordid business. (8)
- It was not choice, so much as an external fate, that kept Fergusson in this round of sordid pleasures. (2)
- Resting his tired feet in turn, he looked like overwork personified, and when he moved, each limb accused the sordid smartness of the walls. (8)
- There were no natural objects in the neighbourhood, but some sordid workshops. (2)
- They were as little sordid as creatures could be. (10)
- This sordid misery narrowed it. (10)
- Through all his melancholy and munificence he was aware of sordid anxieties for having taken the Grosvenor Green apartment. (9)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for sordid. Perhaps also see a sentence for singular and ways to use soil in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use sordid in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.