Use withstand in a sentence. Students, word game players, and people looking to increase their vocabulary might especially like this page. The lines of text below use withstand in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for withstand.
- A heroine in a hack post-chaise is such a blow upon sentiment, as no attempt at grandeur or pathos can withstand. (4)
- Even Captain Benjamin, as you have seen, was unable to withstand the demand on him. (10)
- For all their hostility they could not withstand the feeling that she would think them terrible young prigs if they simply bowed. (8)
- His hand being raised to beat time, she could not withstand the signal. (10)
- His loathing of Lord Fleetwood had to withstand an envious jump at the legs in his vison of her partner on the morrow. (10)
- No argument, no irony, no appeals, can long withstand the iteration of a dogged phrase. (10)
- No one can withstand the charm of such a mystery. (4)
- She divined the contents, and nursed her resolution to withstand them. (10)
- The Jameses alone, unable to withstand a custom almost universal in Park Lane, are now and then unfaithful. (8)
- The shell can withstand the gentle beating of the dynamos of memory. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for withstand. Perhaps also see a sentence for want and ways to use willingness in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use withstand in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.