Contention sentence examples. University students, readers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use contention in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for contention.
- Both parties to this contention are, strange to say, ladies. (9)
- But call it not a contention: there is nobility in that. (10)
- Early in the days of their contention for leadership, Richard saw the absurdity of affecting to scorn his rival. (10)
- It had been a bone of contention from the first, the shell of the feud; and with the woman gone, it was an empty shell. (8)
- It was the most absurd contention. (2)
- Nor had this lustrum of fierce contention wrought less upon his heart and intellect. (1)
- Otherwise one could clearly see the man might be off: he might be off at any minute, leaving a legal contention behind him. (10)
- Poor Mary little thought it would be such a bone of contention when she gave it me to keep, only two hours before she died. (4)
- She felt how unprofitable contention would be. (4)
- The contention all around us is with ignorance. (10)
- The answer to this ungenerous contention is fortunately plain. (8)
- The ladies hated both the cause and the consequence, they had a revulsion from the object, of the above contention. (10)
- We are absolutely to enter on a contention with rivals? (10)
- Yes, my lord, but it contributes to my contention. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for contention. Perhaps also see a sentence for crouched and ways to use contributes in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use contention in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.